20th April 2018 between 2 and 4pm – Family Law with Tim Weatherhogg of Dunn & Baker Solicitors
Come along and find out about legal aid and the minefield of domestic abuse and the family law courts.
Also find out about the family law system and ask questions.
Tim will focus upon:
- What is a domestic abuse case?
- How the court can deal with injunctions including housing issues?
- How might domestic abuse impact upon children proceedings?
- When will a finding of fact be appropriate in a case and why?
- What do Children’s Services consider in cases regarding domestic abuse?
- Is legal aid still available, and if so, when?
Questions can be submitted in advance to provide Tim with a little notice although he will, of course, answer any questions on the day.
Tim has vast and specialist experience in domestic abuse and family law cases having dealt with them for over 30 years. Tim handles all aspects of domestic abuse including injunctions and issues connected with the family home.
Tim also works with parents and family members regarding their children and has expert knowledge in effectively helping families with Children’s Services.
He is accustomed with assisting legally aided clients on a very regular basis and whether in fact legal aid can be obtained for a particular case. He has the specialist knowledge to apply for the same.
Tim is highly qualified in that he is a Resolution Accredited Specialist (Private Law Children and Domestic Abuse) as well as a member of the Law Society’s Family Law Accreditation Scheme.